17The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing. Zeph 3:17

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Christians and Halloween (Part 1)

As Halloween approaches yet again, my heart grows heavier with each passing advertisement. It remains a reminder of years past. You see, before I became a Christian I was one of those who celebrated Halloween for what it really is.  I was involved in Witchcraft and recognized the moon closest to October 31 as Samhain (pronounced sow-en).
For 12 years I celebrated Halloween proudly as a witch, and was extremely annoyed by Christians who “stole” our holiday.  My friends and I would mock them saying, “If they only knew what they were really celebrating, they would be horrified! (Hahahah)! What a bunch of idiots!”
Imagine my surprise when I became a Christian and warned people about what they were really celebrating and THEY DIDN’T CARE!
It is quite literally Satan’s holiday.  Wicca is an art, a science, and a religion. In the religion of Wicca, we were taught by tradition that we turn the “wheel of the year” by recognizing 8 Sabbats. The primary sabbat, or the new year, was celebrated at the moon (full or new) closest to October 31. Wicca teaches of a god and a goddess. During the year, 6 months are controlled by the god while the goddess is in the underworld, and 6 months of the year the god goes to rule the underworld and the goddess comes alive on earth.  The time of the goddess is spring and summer, while the time of the god is fall and winter.  These are based on masculine and feminine attributes of these times. In the fall and winter, the god is the god of the hunt. Therefore, the god they worship is a god of the earth, and according to tradition, he is half-man with cloven feet and in respect for the animals whose life he takes in hunt, he wears their horns.
It is argued by Wiccans that all similarity to the Christian satan is because as Christianity spread into Celtic areas, in order to villainize Wicca, the Church adopted the appearance of their god and called it the Devil. However, make no mistake; in every way, the Wiccan god is the antithesis of God. He is Satan and Halloween is his holiday.
Further, witches believe that on this moon, the veil between the two worlds is at its thinnest. Therefore, on this night more than any other in the year witches and spiritualists contact the dead.
In short, Halloween is the night when satan is being worshipped, spells are being cast, demons are being unleashed and the dead are being contacted. What a delightful time for Christians to celebrate.
Over the next few weeks, I will focus my writing on why I am so adamantly opposed to any form of acknowledgement of this heinous holiday by Christians. In my humble opinion, the ONLY acceptable activity on this dark night would be to gather together and pray for those unfortunate souls who are stuck in witchcraft and are headed directly to hell.
In advance, please forgive my tone as I will undoubtedly reveal my deep aggravation with the attitude of the church which remains one of acceptance.  I have been speaking out about this for twelve years and have fallen on deaf ears. I have prayed over these 12 years that if indeed it is acceptable in the Lord’s eyes for churches to participate in “Halloween alternatives” that they would be wildly successful so I could see that He was blessing them, and that He would remove this burden from my heart. In 12 years, neither has happened. To my knowledge, I can only recall one salvation resulting from these. I would not consider that wildly successful.
As ALWAYS, this forum is meant to be interactive. I would truly love to hear your response to this series of articles. Please feel free to comment. Remember, if you are reading this from an email, in order to respond you need to click the link to take you directly to the blog and comment there. If you are not on the blog when you comment, it will go to the email program not to the blog and will not be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment