17The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing. Zeph 3:17

Friday, December 30, 2011

Global Evangelism via "Comments"

Well, it was my intention to use some quiet time this evening to write another post. However, “the road to hell is paved with good intentions.”   I’m learning to always say, “Lord willing…” as my mother-in-love has taught me.
Instead, I spent this evening doing another thing I love to do. It is still writing, and it is still sharing God’s love and encouragement. 
I confess, I love to go onto the comment boards of articles that promise to be controversial and get into spiritual conversations with non-believers.  Now, don’t worry. I don’t do it to be confrontational. I am using it to
·         hone my bible defense skills,
·         practice speaking the truth in love
·         share the good news to those who are perishing, and
·         encourage believers I’ll never meet this side of heaven.
It is very exciting, especially when you get the chance to see someone who is clearly aggressively anti-Christian step back and admit that we’re not all “a bunch of hypocrites,” or that we don’t hate people who don’t believe.
There was one particular man I hope to meet at the throne, who was openly hostile toward America and specifically Christians. Over the course of several conversations, I watched him soften. In our last conversation, I found out that his daughter was volunteering in a medical clinic in a war zone and that he had lost his son in a war. I asked him if I could pray for him and his daughter. Based on his response, he was clearly moved to tears. He said that he would be honored, and I never saw him there again spouting anti-Christian, anti-American rhetoric.
I would encourage you to give it a try. It is much easier to do than face-to-face evangelism. Yet, it will challenge your bible knowledge and skills.  Just remember to have a bible with a concordance available or, I just open an extra tab and keep biblegateway.com up and ready to use at a moment’s notice.
This evening’s foray involved a Christian who hates Jews, at least I think he was Christian. It was hard to tell for all his yelling and ugly epithets. However, he did respond courteously when challenged respectfully to be less offensive.
One warning: It can be very time-consuming and addictive! Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment