17The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing. Zeph 3:17

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Delight in His Presence

A.W. Tozer is undoubtedly one  of the finest writers of recent time.  One of my favorite of his works is "The Pursuit of God." If you have not read any of his writing, may I encourage you.  It is phenomenal.

I have begun reading it again, so the next days will likely be spent sharing quotes from my reading. I hope it whets your appetite to search out some of his work.

"Sound Bible exposition is an imperative must in the Church of the Living God.  Without it no church can be a New Testament church in any strict meaning of that term.  But exposition may be carried on in such way as to leave the hearers devoid of any true spiritual nourishment what ever.  For it is not mere words that nourish the soul, but God Himself, and unless and until the hearers find God in personal experience they are not better for having heard the truth. The Bible is not an end in itself, but a means to bring men to an intimate and satisfying  knowledge of God, that they may enter into Him, that they may delight in His Presence, may taste and know the inner sweetness of the very God Himself in the core and center of their hearts."

Ahhhh...to delight in His Presence, selah (means pause, and think about that)! ...to tast and know His sweetness in the core of my heart!  And to think such bliss is available to us at any time as His beloved children.  "Lord I'm amazed by you, how You love me! How wide, how deep, how great is your love for me!"

Lord, I praise You! I thank you that You are such a great and mighty God, yet You have deigned to allow me, a mere speck in the grand scheme of the universe, to call you "Daddy." Thank you that because of who You are, You gave a way for us to have the right to become sons and daughters of You, the Most High. Thank You that I am able in my spirit to climb up on your lap and rest there in Your presence. Praise You, God! Blessed be Your name!

No comments:

Post a Comment